To support and develop the CA²RE conferences with the CA²RE+ meta-level discourse and Erasmus+ strategic encouragement, the partnership gathers the most active members of the CA²RE community.
The CA²RE+ Strategic Partnership of 11 outstanding HE organisations and associations from 8 EU countries is running for 3 years. Its backbone is a series of biannual international and intercultural INTENSIVE STUDY PROGRAMMES for doctoral candidates, guided by experienced evaluators from participating universities and invited experts. The doctoral work-in-progress is evaluated through presentations, performances, exhibitions and critical discussions, following the iterative CA²RE+ development steps: observation, sharing, comparison, reflection, reformulation and recommendation. To introduce new experts with low evaluation experience into the process, JOINT STAFF TRAINING is developed at each venue.
Partners – Beneficiaries
- the University of Ljubljana (LJUBLJANA), coordinator
- the Aarhus School of Architecture (AARHUS),
- the KU Leuven (GHENT),
- the Politecnico di Milano (MILANO),
- the TU Berlin (BERLIN),
- the COFAC – Lusofona University (PORTO),
- the Hafencity University Hamburg (HAMBURG)
- the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (TRONDHEIM),
- the TU Delft (DELFT),
- the European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE) and
- the European League of Institutes of the Arts (ELIA).
Key Persons from Partners – Beneficiaries
- LJUBLJANA: Tadeja Zupančič, Paul Robinson, Matevž Juvančič;
- AARHUS: Claus Peder Pedersen, Anders Kruse Aagaard;
- GHENT: Jo van den Berghe, Thierry Lagrange;
- MILANO: Pier Paolo Tamburelli, Fabrizia Berlingieri, Gennaro Postiglione;
- BERLIN: Jürgen Weidinger, Ignacio Borrego, Ralf Pasel;
- PORTO: Edite Rosa, Manuel Bogalheiro;
- HAMBURG: Matthias Ballestrem, Christoph Heinemann;
- TRONDHEIM: Markus Schwai, Eli Støa;
- DELFT: Roberto Cavallo, Alper Alkan;
- EAAE: Oya Atalay Franck, João Pedro Xavier, Débora Domingo Calabuig;
- ELIA: Maria Hansen, Janja Ferenc, Chesley Ryder.
- The ARENA – Architectural Research European Network Association (individual experts);
- The members of the CA²RE community.
All the institutions involved in the CA²RE community and are not full partners of the CA²RE+ project are respected as associated partners. The CA²RE membership grows as the continuous backbone of the CA²RE+ project. The CA²RE+ partnership feeds the meta-level of the CA²RE endeavours and triggers the CA²RE community development.
Roles of Associated Partners
- Project monitoring, Scientific Committee membership, peer reviewers of intellectual outputs;
- Invited teachers at Intensive Study Programme (ISP) activities, contributing to intellectual outputs;
- Self-funded respondents to open calls (selection of the best doctoral candidates and new evaluators from the CA2RE community as additional participants at the CA2RE+ learning teaching training activities);
- Participants at Multiplier Events (ME-s);
- Members of the SUSTAINABILITY BOARD.
- Oya Atalay Franck (ZHAW School of Architecture, Design and Civil Engineering, Switzerland; EAAE, ARENA);
- Andrea Braidt (University of Vienna, Department for Theatre, Film and Media Studies; ELIA);
- Sally Stewart (Glasgow School of Art, Mackintosh School of Architecture, UK; EAAE);
- Mia Roth Čerina (University of Zagreb, Faculty of Architecture; EAAE);
- Anđelka Bnin Bninski (University of Belgrade; ARENA);
- Michael McGarry (Queens University of Belfast).